Sky Garden are offering a fantastic opportunity in our flourishing green roof business. If you are an experienced Site Manager or Operations Manager, or looking for the next step in your career, you may be the person we are looking for.
Role: Site Manager/ Operations Manager Position
Based : North West of England but will involve some travel around the UK
Salary : Very Competitive and Negotiable + Car/Van, Mobile, Laptop
Role: To manage building contracts on-site; liaising with the Contracts Manager, client, sub contractors and other trades; co-ordinating all aspects of the works so that the building project is completed in line with the requirements, within budget and on time. Have a commercial understanding of the project, advising and implementing cost savings at all times, and represent the company in a professional and proactive manner in all dealings with those associated with the project.
1. Work closely with the Operations Director to plan the project effectively, by ensuring that the project requirements, specification, design drawings, health and safety proposals are all read, understood and agreed, and that a project programme is in place.
2. Work with the procurement department to formulate a material schedule for the project, including take off from issued drawings and specifications, and produce requisitions as far ahead of programme periods as possible to enable best prices to be obtained.
3. Liaise with the project team to produce a labour schedule to ensure sub contractors packages are placed in time to meet the programme. Maintain the schedule and track progress, keeping records on file and copying weekly records to Operations Director.
4. Supervise and manage all site based operatives, overseeing all aspects of their work, to include: tool box talks; controlling quality of work; ensuring method statement and order fulfilment; cleanliness & tidiness; the use of plant and tools; waste reduction; upkeep of plant and facilities; use of personal protection equipment/wear.
5. Ensure that all works carried out are undertaken within current codes of practice.
6. Check that all materials used, including those used by sub contractors, are compliant with technical and quality specifications.
7. Keep photographic survey of all site operations and works and forward to the office.
8. Maintain and track deliveries; ensure that stock and materials are deployed properly; off load/check all deliveries to relevant storage facilities and manage stock issue; adhering at all times to operational needs and with due regard for health, safety and security.
Person Specification Qualifications / Experience
1. Substantial experience of the full life cycle of a number of commercial building projects, involving the supervision of the project and the staff working on it.
2. Landscape and or Civils background / experience preferable.
3. Construction Management degree preferable, plus some site based work experience up to supervisory level 4.
4. Qualified first aider.
5. CSCS card (management level) Skills / Technical Competencies
6. SMSTS card preferable.
7. Analytical skills to be able to understand and interpret complex technical specifications, drawings and documents and formulate plans from them.
8. Written communication to be able to write reports and complete paperwork/administration.
9. Numeracy skills, to enable scaling of drawings, checking measurements/angles and doing calculations.
10. Verbal communication skills to enable effective communication all levels, and able to develop good relationships with clients/client representatives.
11. Communicate effectively at all times with the client, client’s representative, project architect, project engineer, local authorities, residents (if applicable) and all persons affected by the project, representing Sky Garden with professionalism, integrity and honesty.
12. Liaise daily with Operations Director and Office.
13. Attend and take notes of any meetings relevant to the project, either on site or in offices.
14. Maintain accurate and up to date records for site attendance, site induction, tool box talks, accidents, goods received, weekly site records, site safety inspections and plant register records.
15. Understanding of all the health and safety proposal and able to apply health and safety and security requirements.
16. Commercial approach, identifies cost savings, understands budget issues.
17. Knowledge and understanding of the CDM regulations Qualities.
1. People management skills; to be able to instruct staff; deal with difficult staffing situations and maintain a productive, happy but disciplined working environment.
2. Pro-active; good at planning ahead as far as possible as the project progresses; checking back to plans/programmes regularly.
3. Strong sense of achievement; able to drive projects forward; expects good standards of work; tenacious and able to overcome barriers/ solve problems.
4. Organised, good at time management and prioritisation of work.
5. Good eye for detail, e.g. for seeing small points in drawings, checking work quality.
6. Reliable, punctual and responsible.
1. Liaising with clients, professional staff (such as architects and surveyors) and the public, and reporting progress.
2. Supervising contracted staff.
3. Meeting subcontractors.
4. Making safety inspections and ensuring construction and site safety.
5. Checking and preparing site reports, designs and drawings.
6. Maintaining quality control procedures.
7. Motivating the workforce.
8. Problem solving.
9. Using specialist construction management computer applications.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please contact Tom Wood on 01242 620905 or email@example.com